A DWI Substance Abuse Assessment is required of everyone who is convicted of Driving While Impaired, Driving While Licensed Revoked and/or Driving After Consuming Under 21 in the state of North Carolina. You cannot receive a Limited Driving Privilege without a DWI Assessment. DWI and Substance Abuse assessments and groups can only be conducted by facilities licensed by the state of North Carolina to meet requirements to restore your driver’s license.
The cost of all NC DWI Assessments is $100.00. The $100 fee is established by the Legislature of the State of NC. No agency in the state of NC is ever allowed by law to charge more or less than the lawful $100 fee.
If you would like to set up an appointment for your DWI Assessment, please contact the office and we will work together to set up a time that is most convenient for you.
What is Needed for Your Assessment
- Cost of assessment ($100per case) in cash, money order or certified (bank) check. No personal checks please.
- Citation (ticket)
- BAC (breathalyzer/blood test/or documentation of Refusal). Can often be found on your citation. If you do not have this it is available at the clerk of court’s office in the county where you received your ticket or your attorney may have a copy.
- Copy of Court Judgement, if court process has been completed (If you do not have this it is available at the clerk of court’s office in the county where you received your ticket or your attorney may have a copy).
- NC lifetime driving record(uncertified). Let us know if you need assistance in obtaining record when scheduling appointment. (available online NCDOT.GOV or you may find your attorney or insurance company can provide you with a non-certified copy). We are able to pull this document for you however you will still need to pay the NCDMV fee of $10.75.
- Photo ID if available (highly recommended).
- Attorney information (if you have one).
*Fee Set By the State of North Carolina
Reviews (Starting at $150 and increases depending on intensity of work)
Out of State Review- You received a DWI in North Carolina but live in another state or live in North Carolina and received a DWI in another state. We assist gathering all pertinent information necessary to clear your DWI charge.
In State Review-This is when you took your classes at an Inpatient Facility or in prison or any other treatment facility that does not conduct DWI assessments and treatment and we do your DWI assessment and clear your license in Raleigh after gathering all pertinent information necessary to clear your DWI charge.