A DWI Substance Abuse Assessment is required of everyone who is convicted of Driving While Impaired in the state of North Carolina. You cannot receive a Limited Driving Privilege without a DWI Assessment. DWI and Substance Abuse assessments and groups can only be conducted by facilities licensed by the state of North Carolina to meet requirements to restore your driver’s license.
The cost of all NC DWI Assessments is $100.00. The $100 fee is established by the Legislature of the State of NC. No agency in the state of NC is ever allowed by law to charge more or less than the lawful $100 fee.
If you would like to set up an appointment for your DWI Assessment, please contact the office and we will work together to set up a time that is most convenient for you.
What to bring to your Assessment:
- Cost of assessment ($100per case) in cash, money order or certified (bank) check. No personal checks please.
- Citation (ticket)
- BAC (breathalyzer/blood test/or documentation of Refusal). Can often be found on your citation. If you do not have this it is available at the clerk of court’s office in the county where you received your ticket or your attorney may have a copy.
- Copy of Court Judgement, if court process has been completed (If you do not have this it is available at the clerk of court’s office in the county where you received your ticket or your attorney may have a copy).
- NC lifetime driving record(uncertified). Let us know if you need assistance in obtaining record when scheduling appointment. (available online NCDOT.GOV or you may find your attorney or insurance company can provide you with a non-certified copy). We are able to pull this document for you however you will still need to pay the NCDMV fee of $10.75.
- Photo ID if available (highly recommended).
- Attorney information (if you have one).
Out of State Reviews
We are happy to assist clients who live out of state who are trying to resolve DMV issues that have arisen from NC DWI convictions.
The cost of Out-of-State DWI Clearance $150-250 depending on amount of paperwork involved. We guarantee our services.
Having your driving privileges suspended for a DWI in North Carolina is a serious offense. This is a time sensitive matter that requires you to follow detailed procedures in order to meet the requirements necessary to get your license back. Though the process of reinstatement can seem like a hassle, we work to make it as easy as possible for you. We can work on your behalf to make sure you satisfy the North Carolina DMV requirements – without you having to travel back and forth to clear the North Carolina charge. Here is what we will do for you:
- Find approved DWI or DUI facilities in your state
- Obtain the necessary documents from both your home state and North Carolina
- Answer questions you may have about the reinstatement process
- Follow up with the NC DMV to ensure your compliance has been satisfied and documented
- The cost for Out-of-State DWI clearances depends on the amount of paperwork required.