Melissa A. Johnson, LCSW, LCAS, CCS
Founder/Owner of Achieving Changes Counseling Services, PLLC
**I am not currently accepting new clients at this time. Please call the office to be placed on my waitlist.**
I am straightforward and down to earth. I utilize a variety of treatment approaches including EMDR. Let me help you find real life tools and develop effective strategies to cope with whatever you may be facing. I use a collaborative style of treatment based on each person’s needs and I encourage my clients to be creative, spontaneous, participatory, ambitious, and directive in the counseling process.
Utilizing education, training and my own life’s experience has proven to be some of the most effective tools and resources in providing my clients with empathy and compassion, a deeper understanding and insight into problems, as well as much needed emotional support, resulting in a great sense of hope and healing.
I work with teens and adults for individual and couples therapy for both mental health and substance abuse services.
Areas of Focus
ADHD, Addiction, Anxiety/Fear, Boundaries/Codependency, Depression, Disordered Eating, Grief/Loss, Infidelity/Trust Issues, Life Transitions, Relational and Interpersonal Issues, Self-Esteem/Identity, Shame/Guilt, Trauma
Melissa is paneled with insurance companies including Aetna, BlueCross/BlueShield, Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance (CBHA), Cigna/Evernorth, Friday Health, GEHA, Humana, Medicaid (North Carolina Plans), Medicare, UMR and United Healthcare. She is also in network with several Employee Assistance Providers including AllOne, Health Advocate and Lyra.
Education and Clinical Experience
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Masters of Social Work from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Melissa has been working in the field since 2005 beginning as a psychometrician conducting Neuropsychological testing and has worked in a variety of settings including private practice, inpatient, intensive-outpatient, crisis, in-home utilizing Multi-Systemic Therapy and community mental health.
She lives in Davie County with her spouse, youngest son, two dogs and cat. In her free time she enjoys spending time with friends and family, camping, going to the beach, listening to music, spending time at the fire pit in my backyard or enjoying the things our area and state have to offer. She grew up in a military family living in several places within the United States as well as Germany. The love of travel has stayed with her into adulthood and she is always looking forward to seeing going and new places, meeting new people and trying new things.
Licenses & Certifications
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensure Board (License: C008895)
· Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist with the North Carolina Addictions Specialist Professional Practice Board (LCAS-3167)
· Certified Clinical Supervisor with the North Carolina Addictions Specialist Professional Practice Board (CCSS-20157)
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Professionals (License: 0904015621)
· Licensed Telehealth Provider for the State of Florida (TPSW953)
· Licensed Telehealth Provider for the State of South Carolina (TLS323CP)
· Certified Forensic Evaluator with the State of North Carolina